Solar PV Systems Training for Utilities
In Africa the demand for electricity far exceeds supply. African utilities are looking into Renewable Energy for electricity generation in order to increase electricity supply. Africa is endouwed with solar resources and this course will assist utilities to successfully implement large scale solar photovoltaic (PV) power plants.
OBJECTIVES OF THE COURSE
This course will provide utility officers to attain the necessary principles and tools to be able to successfully implement large scale solar photovoltaic plants in their country or municipality and connect them onto their utility grid. This course will give a good understanding of:-
- solar photovoltaic (PV) components and systems
- the design, sizing and choosing suitable technology for the PV system
- the procurement strategies to implement to ensure local economic development and procurement
- the integration of the solar Plant to the grid and the impact that the plant will have on the grid
- construction, operations and maintenance aspects of the solar PV plant
- common construction mistakes
WHO MUST ATTEND?
This course is geared towards utility officals in the technical, finance and economic development divisions. This course is meant for:-
- Technical managers
- Finance managers
- Project managers
- Policy makers